The Glamorous Life of Being A Jill of All Trades...

By Melissa - Sunday, September 15, 2013


... is that everyone assumes that you can do everything they want in their time. 


----------


It doesn't matter if it was given to you at the eleventh hour, it doesn't matter if you've stayed more than 12 hours at work the night before.

In these past couple of weeks, I've been wearing so many hats that yesterday, when the project I was working on was finally launched, I could have sworn that I felt (invisible) tears of joy rolling down my cheeks.

Some of the hats that were worn:

.

.

.

.

.

1) Event-planner-coordinator-plus-emcee


I snapped a quick shot of what I was looking at on the event day - less than a hour before the event: in my formal dress, flip-flops (pre-event, I needed the mobility and comfort that only flip-flops can offer), the emcee script on my lap and Evie in my hands.

Event planning was a walk in the park when I oversaw celebration outings for a group of 20 - 30 youths. But when you have to coordinate a product launching for approximately 100 people (of which more than half of the invitees include local and overseas VIPs, publications and press) from scratch, it is a whole different ball game.

My body was worn out, I was dashing through doors, sprinting through the corridors whilst doing 1001 things when I found out the day before the event that I had to take on being the emcee for the event.

I was this close to pulling out all the hairs on my head.


2) Social-butterfly-event-coordinator


After a hectic morning and (thankfully) successful launch, I zoomed my way home, showered, put on my fancy party dress, got dolled up and headed down for CM's product launching dinner.



----------



The past two weeks had been a mix of sleepless nights, mad hours and mental exhaustion. I'm now nursing my body back to health - every time I blow my nose, it sounds like an elephant stampede - and this upcoming week is a whole 'nother adventure on its own.

Updates soon!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments