No Longer 27

By Melissa - Wednesday, April 12, 2017


2017 kicked off rather eventfully - I was traveling back and forth from KL to Penang every week during the first month, I left my job as a copywriter at Malaysia’s top creative agency after much soul-searching, went off for a much-needed break to Northern Thailand for six days and returned home with stories to tell, whilst juggling several freelance projects along with my little space.

Most of my days revolved around writing, editing, strategising and more writing, yet I still had time for myself. I slept in, made late lunches, and took long walks. It was utterly lovely.

BANANA-EGG PANCAKES
Gluten-free, sugar-free.

Not one to ever sit still, in that time, I fulfilled a lifelong desire to write and photograph my own travel pieces (published *here* and *here*). My heart poured into and my soul was bared completely onto the pages of my book (someday, God willing).

Soon after, an opportunity to work at the nation’s most influential media brand knocked on my door. The story of how it came to be is nothing short of awe-inspiring, but it is a God-orchestrated story which I’ll save for another day (because it deserves its own post).   

All of the above happened within the first three months of this year. There is nothing quite like a busload of busy to keep me on my toes. How terrific and terrifying at the same time! 

As I celebrate another year today, I see no fear in getting older because it merely means I know who I am; a little more every day, a lot better (at the end of) every year. I look forward to the future - to ageing gracefully (hello, wrinkles), to the best years ahead and most importantly, to live the one life I’ve been given well. 

Here’s to loving more, giving more and listening more… Happy Birthday, me! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments